Thursday, July 21, 2011

Well This Is Kind of Random...

My mom while giving me items to draw suggested I do this one as well. A few months a go, my dad picked up a painting of a lighthouse from a garage sale and put it up in the house. My mom suggested I make a drawing of it or something like it, she likes lighthouses. This is only a one day thing so I took it up and added it to the calendar.
Since it's been a while since I've touched my traditional materials (well not really, been doing stuff behind the scenes) I said to myself, "Hey, why not use your pencils and stuff?" So I did. But then I got another idea to use my ink pens, seeing how I haven't used them in a good while and needed some practice with my grey ones.
So, I made myself a challenge and took it on. Yay or nay?


Sorry for the poor photo. I used my camera phone since our scanner currently hates me. Trust me, it looks better in person (or I may be lying to you). I currently use Faber Castell brand pens and they do a fantastic job. For this one I used my artist pen set and the shades of grey set of 6, 3 cool grey and 3 warm grey pens. I will be practicing grey scale for a while now on my free time. I really like how it turned out. I just wish I had a better camera at my disposal right now.
So there you have it, random lighthouse day. Tomorrow is going to be fun!! COLOR!

No comments:

Post a Comment