Thursday, July 14, 2011

Personal Summer Challenge: Day 3

Final chapter of this period! It's suburban setting!

Really proud of this one. I've even gotten the hang of using guidelines and perspective with this one. Unlike the last two days, I used a stock photo for reference to make this on Pse.  I didn't use it underneath my composition, but had it to the side in my viewer like I'm used to. First, I made my blue lines according to the picture I picked:

And yes, I'm aware that one of my mainlines is going the wrong direction. For some reason, when I looked at the picture, I thought my direction was right. Oh well, I ignored it anyway. Layer two was my inking layer, still looking back for reference:



And then finally, after adding some detail with a third layer, I finished! Yay me! This last one was a fun one to do. And for a little treat, I did a quick color one for you all:

Color is one thing I've singled out to work on for the summer, so forgive me if the above photo hurts your eyes. It'll have a bunch of periods of its own where I'll get over my "fear" of it. Until then, I'll polish my black and white line work.

2 comments:

  1. chinedu, you're so amazing!! This is such a frenchy pic...makes me think of the Bellville animated movie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah same here. I reeeeeeeeeeaallyy like this one!

    ReplyDelete