Wednesday, July 20, 2011

PSC: Day 9!

The Dog days are(about to be) over!! Today's the last day for the lil' puppies and I decided to end it with a breed of dog I will be using for a long time in my webcomic-work-in-progress. It is the Boston Terrier!
Hahahaha! Lookit! He's so funny!
In my comic, I decided my main character needed a companion so I chose a small dog that would provide some sort of comic relief to his life and the reader. Why the boston terrier to be specific? I dunno, it just popped into my head, probably because they have large, funny eyes. Well actually the main reason was I needed a breed that was black and white and my only other choice I thought of was a dalmatian, dalmatians suck.
Not surprisingly, so did this.
With all that said, the only logical choice was a boston terrier. It was small, had a good range of emotion I could portray with it (a good range meaning staring off into space and a smile), and a funny face. If I could ever love dogs as a pet again, I would probably get this dog. But I'm not saying I will. I'm just saying it's pretty high up on my list of "If I could have any pet, what would it be?" list, right next to the barn owl and a Velociraptor.
Jehovah's Witnesses beware.
Today's dog was SUPPOSED to be a cocker spaniel, but my blog, my rules, my practice time. Boston terrier it is!
The only hiccups I had were with the face. It's kinda pug-like in size and muzzle length, but it doesn't have wrinkles, per se. While I didn't spend three hours redoing it and crying (See "The Other Dog..." post), it still took me a while to get down. Still don't really have it, but I will.
 Here, have another:

DAWWWWWWWWW:) ISN'THESOCUTELOOKITHIM!!!!! Ahem......So anyway, I'd like you all to meet my creation:
To reiterate, Tug will be my main character's pet for my webcomic. Yes, he is googly-eyed. Yes, I did that on purpose. Yes, it IS hilarious. It's the little things in life. He will be appearing in the first issue (or possibly the second, he isn't important to the storyline then). Enjoy the little sneak preview. It's all you're getting for a while.


Oh what the heck:
Enjoy. It's kinda crappy practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment