Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Personal Summer Challenge: Day 1

I'm getting lazy. I don't like it. Lately, I've gotten a really bad case of Artist Block and found myself doing nothing for weeks. But, with the help of my friends and family, I have set up a challenge to keep myself in the habit of drawing and also to practice with my new computer software.
I will be drawing something everyday for the rest of the summer, be it objects, people, anything to keep me "in shape". Some will be pencil, pen and ink, and some will be on the computer, or a collaboration of both. Whatever will keep me busy. My subject matter will change every three days, so for each period I will focus myself on that subject or, if I choose to, on the elements and/or principles I need to work on.
This three day period will be cityscapes/landscapes. Today's topic: rural/country!




These were done pretty quickly on Sai. I just got it so I will be testing the waters for a while, so to speak. So far, I like the ink tool :) though the airbrush is making a close second.

No comments:

Post a Comment