Monday, July 25, 2011

COLOR DAYS!!! GREEN: Day 3

I didn't forget you guys!! I was just late! So, today's the last day for green and I got a good way to go out in a bang. This is a good one, one of my personal favorites! Today, is Poison Ivy, the femme fatale from Batman! Poison Ivy is a staple for the Bat villain family and has had many looks depending on which artist is on board.
Bruce Timm

Jim Lee

Tim Sale

But my all time favorite version is by Ronnie del Carmen. He is, by far, my  number one favorite artist ever!!

He is a master of illustration and has worked with PIXAR on films such as Finding Nemo and Up. His Ivy is similar to Timm's (also one of my favorite artists), both of them having shaped my vision of her.
I started like I did before: First came the drawing which I scanned in


Which were then taken into Photoshop Elements and colored. Carefully this time. Voila!
*Note: Please click for clearer picture

The first one I used a reference photo because I ruined my original pose I was going to go with and decided to toss it. The second was from the noggin'. I loved how these turned out. I really do. Poison Ivy is a great character and, as seen in the second one, you really can't avoid NOT drawing her without clothing. She's just like that. Leave comments below!

COMING UP: RED

2 comments:

  1. I like the subtle texture you gave the first drawing in her outfit.
    I really wish I could give you critique, but I'd feel hypocritical not being fond of coloring things myself. ]:

    It looks really swell to me though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I was so scared to add the "leaves", but I like how it turned out with them.

    ReplyDelete