Friday, August 19, 2011

Dark times ahead

I'm in a dark mood, not like depressed, but, "I want to draw dead bodies and monsters," kind of dark mood. So I decided to visit some of my favorite stories by Edgar Allan Poe.
Poe is one of my favorite authors ever. I love the way he writes and love the dark nature of it. I just wish he didn't have such a crappy life and supposedly die on the date of my birthday (why do all bad things in history mostly happen in October?!).
The story I chose is one of my favorites, though quite a disturbingly gruesome one. It's the Maasque of the Red Death.


I added a different back to it the second time around because I didn't really like my excuse for crosshatching so I changed it:
 An then I remembered that I wanted to add a texture or pattern to my art for a long time so I quickly scrambled around on Google and found a  good pattern that I duplicated for a wallpaper and blended into the back giving me the third one:

The third is my favorite. I need to find more patterns. That's it! Leave comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment