Saturday, August 13, 2011

COLOR DAYS!!! PURPLE: Day 3

Remember yesterday?Well we're going back. I have to do Hunchback justice:) To The Hunchback of Notre Dame!

Now, a long time ago, when I was little, I saw this movie and it. was. AWESOME. This movie had everything: compelling story, amazing, human characters, heart-wrenching emotional drama, some good jokes and some of the most amazing music ever in the history of Disney. Not to mention it had the best villain ever to strike fear into the hearts of children.
Nightmares had never been so scary.
I know, I know. For those of you that went back and read the actual book, this movie is sugarcoated fluff. I don't want to ruin it for the rest of you, but the actual story by Victor Hugo is very dark, people die horrible deaths and there is no happy ending for pretty much anyone.
Now from a classic lit lover, I can see how you guys are upset, but you can't really bash the Hunchback movie for not getting the facts right. IT'S A FREAKIN KIDS FILM. You can't stay true to the facts and still be kid-kosher, just not possible (especially what went on in that book....oh man).
Oh hey Esmerelda! How's it hangin'?! Hahahhahaha!.....Esmerelda?

Keeping that in mind, Hunchback was a brave departure from the princess stories they had been doing and a well welcomed change. And to welcome it back, I made Esmerelda!
Okay for some reason my Pse was acting weird today and my lines came out horrible. I tried changing to brush and the settings, but nothing worked. So I'm not happy with this. Scanning it was also different because of the new sketchbook my brother got me. It's book bound and I like spiral bound better because you can fold the cover over and just place what you want face down. Can't do that with this one so I'm re-learning how.
Leave comments and I'll see you tomorrow with....something.....yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment