Thursday, August 4, 2011

COLOR DAYS!!! BLUE: Extra Day!

Since I gave you something crappy the first day, I decided to make up with it with, not one, not three, but TWO extra drawings!!! I know,  know. I'm so nice.
Anyways, the first one today is a fun one. I love this one! But before I start I need to ask, do any of you know what Monster High is?......No? You don't like dolls anymore? Huh, okay. To explain, Monster High was first a book written by Lisi Harrison and now a series of dolls made by Mattel, y'know the Barbie makers.

These dolls are amazing and a cool twist on the classic monsters from old films and books, all of them being the children of said monsters. There's Frankie Stein:

Clawdeen Wolf:

Lagoona Blue:

Draculaura:

Cleo De Nile:
I personally hate her.

And my favorite and the one I drew, Ghoulia Yelps:

Ghoulia is hilarious. I can't remember if she's a zombie or a ghoul, but the webisodes (that's episodes on the web) they have usually play with the fact that she's slow. Yet she's the smartest kid in school.

But besides that, she's also blue!! So lets get down to business and see how I did!:
*Click for clearer image

My friend, Laura suggested I draw her and I thank her for the idea (among TONS of others), but this was harder than I expected. Ghoulia has horrible posture and it was hard trying to get it onto paper before I could scan it in to color it. Another favorite. Despite my troubles, I thouroughly enjoyed drawing her.

The second drawing was on whim of "Let's see what I can do better." I went back to my fantasy roots and looked for something that would be challenging and fun for not only me but you guys as well. Thinking, I thought about my WASH sketchbook and how I had once wanted to make something look like a splash of water. I picked it up again and ran with it and got something amazing:
*click for clearer image

The Lady of the Lake. Arthurian legend is something I rarely touch, but I should. There's a lot of good characters to work with. She was done in 3H pencil first, scanned, inked and colored in Pse. I feel like I may have gone a bit verboard with the colors, but I still feel I did a good job.
These will be featured on my Deviantart account as well if you would like to flip through a "just pictures" collection of my recent work. Thanks for reading!  Leave comments! I would really love a critique on my Lady of the Lake. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment