Friday, August 12, 2011

COLOR DAYS!!! PURPLE: Day 2

It's a Disney day!!! Yay childhood!! I love Disney movies, don't you? Though I'm not like most people my age. When looking back at the classic movies that were made, I made a stunning revelation: I don't like about half of them.
Some movies, such as Mulan and , my all time favorite- The Hunchback of Notre Dame (to which I know all the songs from and will be happy to sing them to you), have found their way into my good graces and I have cherished them. But many others, nearly ALL the Disney princesses, I kinda' hate. With a burning passion.
Ugh...

Boring!

Oh, don't even get me started on this whiny b-...

Can anyone say, Stockholm Syndrome?
 Wait I lied.....I like some of them.
OOO! Work it, girl!

You too Cindy!

Rock that hair, WARRIOR PRINCESS!

I like that you're black, but your character was disappointingly stale. Sorry sistah.
The earlier movies didn't really do it for me, but later on I found something to love. Summer 1997. Enter.....Hercules!
HALLE-FREAKIN'-LUIAH!!

This is second on my all time favorite Disney movie list, right after Hunchback. It had a fun story, believable characters, and music to love. So I decided to pay homage to my childhood, as well as yours, with a little visit from one of the most memorable Disney girls- Megara.
Megara was different. She didn't sing(except for one song, which was awesome), she didn't have a troupe of magical, adorable little woodland creatures with her, nor did she play the part of the "damsel in distress" (see what I did there?!). She was a woman with curves, appeal, and she knew it. She just leaked awesome.

Hopefully I did her justice with my picture:
click for clearer image
One thing I was debating was the question of her waist. Do I make it as small as it was or do I make it entirely my own? I went with the "me" road and gave her some room for her organs. Not much though.
The dress went through many shades of purple before I could get it right (and since my computer was out for those days, it took even longer), but it came out okay. Would I do another one if I could? Yes. Will I? I dunno, stop bothering me.
That's it for today! Leave comments! See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment