Sunday, August 7, 2011

COLOR DAYS!!! ORANGE: Day 3

It's the last day of orange!!! Oh, and I lied. The Halloween idea was horrible. I kept trying and trying and nothing good came out of it, except a loveable little kitty that I'll probably post later. But I DO have something for today, so chin up.
I had to go back to the list of possiblilities for orange for this. Today's drawing was one I didn't really want to do, but seeing how I was running out of options, I had to draw it.

Considering that these were actual options, I somewhat dodged a bullet.

Even my mom said to do it. So that meant I had to. *Sigh*....I drew the Thing.

I'm sorry, but I hate the Fantastic Four. Really hate them. Out of all the comics I love, they are the red-headed stepchild of the bunch.
No offense, kid.
The characters are dumb, the stories are crap, the characters are dumb, and .....the characters are dumb -yeah, that's really all I have against them. But...out of  Johnny, Sue, and Reed, and Ben, I'd rather stick with Ben. He's the only one who I think is better than the rest of them. Sure they make him a sarcastic grumpy pants, but I can tolerate him more than the others.
So this one was a speed draw, all on the computer. It wasn't as hard as I thought it was and was, admittedly, fun to do. It took me about an hour to do, give or take 5 minutes.
As always, the Blue layer...
That was done really fast as I wanted to get started on the next steps.
Then the inks.
Color and voila!

And the finished product above. I tried adding texture with blending modes, but I gave up and left it alone. It's something I have to experiment again because I lost how to use it. Instead, I tried using some bushes for a rocky texture. Kinda failed, but hey, I finished waaaaaaay before schedule. And I took my Sunday siesta too!
Well, that's it for orange...we hardly knew thee. Oh well! On to the next!
Leave comments! Thanks

Tomorrow: PURPLE

P.S.- It IS "clobbering" right?

No comments:

Post a Comment